Ali Alizadeh on Poetry Says

Host of Poetry Says - Alice Allan 
Not much poetry happening on the home front at the moment.  My plans to dedicate myself to a writing regime have well and truly failed.

I did manage to scrawl some words this morning but it's a far cry from what I want to be doing (i.e. immersing myself in poetry - mine and others).

I did come across a very good interview by Alice Allan with poet and philosopher Ali Alizadeh.  You should check it out.

Ep 68. Ali Alizadeh on power, influence, anxiety and hope

I found Alizadeh's polite frankness refreshing and would have liked to have listened to the podcast again (my iPad deleted it after playing it).  What he said about the poetry scene in Australia probably has some truth about it - dominated by personalities, careerist etc. 


Have a listen anyway. I don't think you will be disappointed.





Comments

Most Popular Posts