Salt Publishing relaunching single author collections

Back when I was getting serious about my poetry (2012-2013) I had come across Salt Publishing who were well known for their Best British Poetry series.  They also published single author/poet collections but for financial reasons they began closing down that side of their business, just as I had discovered them.

Publishing can be a strange beast and so I was surprised when Christopher Hamilton-Emery announced that they would open up their list again.

Back in the dark ages of May 2013, I announced that Salt was drawing back from publishing single author collections of poetry to concentrate on our flagship anthology series, Best British Poetry. It was a tough decision, but in some ways an easy one to make as the core publishing continued to lose money and each new title only seemed to contribute to our increasing losses. All arts publishing has its cycles. With some cycles, the wheels fall off. [Read On]
Good luck to them.  I am eager to see who they pick up.





Comments

Most Popular Posts