Year of Poetry Update - Week 45

Well, a shit week in more ways than one.  Cohen died.  America elected Trump and I manged to catch a throat infection.  


The Writing...

was again difficult due to starting late Sunday afternoon.  Managed to scrape together about an hour and a half  and push another poem towards first draft status. But this was about the tiredest I have felt around writin poetry. 

I have also banned myself from reading Shakespeare's Sonnets as I subconciously managed to channel some rythm and rhyme into the aforementioned poem.

The Study...

None

Close Reading...

I started reading The Poems of Masayo Koike, Shuntaro Tanikawa and Rin Ishigaki by Vagabond Press.  Specificially Rin Ishigaki's Moving on. I think this is my first translated poem for the year.



For the Statbadgers:


Total time: 2:15 (422
:07) hrs


poem writing = 01.30 (195:10) hrs

close reading =0:30(82:39) hrs

technique/theory 0:00(98:25) hrs

reflection = 0:15
(35:52) hrs



Poetry written:

0(39) poems completed


1 (19)poems in draft


Poems Submitted:


0(25 in total) poems



Poems Published:


0(9) poem


Live Performances:
0(2)


Interviews:
0(1)


Rejections:


0(10) poems

Comments

Most Popular Posts