Year of Poetry Update - Week 42

Courtesy of the
SA Library System
Quite possibly the worst week in terms of productivity this year and a reminder that if I don't get in some good morning work on poetry writing it just doesn't get done.

No poetry purchases this week but in doing my tax I worked out that I had spent nearly $500 on poetry this year - both collections and technical works.

The Writing...
was missing in action this week.  I did manage to jot one line down but I won't count that.  

This week I forgot I was old and needed more than one good night's sleep to recover from a post midnight DVD marathon.  

Getting a sinus migraine today didn't help either.  


The Study...

was about the only thing that I achieved this week. I read James Longenbach's chapter on line and syntax in Art of the Poetic Line

Then finished off noting the chapter on Image in Frances Mayes', The Discovery of Poetry - A field Guide to Reading and Writing Poems. 

I also read an article on Lithub with regard to aiming for 100 rejections a year, well worth reading.  I had planned to right my own reflections on it this week but ...well ... you get the picture.  Check it out. 

Close Reading...

also missing in action. But in my defense I did lots of shallow page flipping.




For the Statbadgers:


Total time: 2:35 (410:31) hrs


poem writing = 02.00 (189:16) hrs

close reading =0:00(81:09) hrs

technique/theory 2:10(96:00) hrs

reflection = 0:35(34:37) hrs



Poetry written:

0(37) poems completed


(0)16 poems in draft


1 poem abandoned


1 poem facing execution at dawn


Poems Submitted:


0(23 in total) poems



Poems Published:


0(7) poem



Live Performances:

0(2)


Interviews:
0(1)


Rejections:


0(10) poems

Comments

Most Popular Posts