Helen Mort reads Miss Heath

division-street This video came across my twitter feed this morning.  I like the sense of nostalgia it evokes and the connections it draws.  I also like Mort’s accent, makes me think of Winterfell :)

 

But seriously I like to hear poets perform their poetry in their own accent, because even as English speakers there’s great diversity in tone, emphasis and pronunciation.  It also made me think about the lack of exploration being done by poetry publishers in terms of producing ebooks with links to poetry performances.  Or indeed producing Poetry ebooks at all. Thankfully the publishers of Division street have produced an ebook.

 

But enough of my blathering, here’s Helen Mort reading Miss Heath

 

You can purchase the collection that it comes from here if you are an Aussie in eBook and paperback form.

Comments

Most Popular Posts