Year of Poetry Update - Week 49

Souvenir from the Baudin Exhibition 

This week seemed to fly by with lots of end of year preparations at school.  I spent quite a bit of time working on a poetry booklet of Haiku written by my Year 1-2 students.

Making Poetry Happen and Kim Moore's The Art of Falling also arrived this week, the former being a teaching text for reading and writing poetry in the classroom.  A text that I hope to be able to bring into my teaching next year.

Writing was curtailed somewhat today by preparations for my mother in law's visit and visiting the Maritime Museum in Port Adelaide that featured pieces from the Baudin expedition to Australia. It's currently travelling the country and will be in Tasmania at the beginning of next year.


The Writing...

was limited to last Sunday, where I decided to revise another of my recent poems. The month or so break from having written it was worthwhile and I was able to bring a fresh set of eyes to it.

The Study...

zip, zero, decided to concentrate on Naomi Shihab Nye's poem.



Close Reading...

I completed reading Naomi Shihab Nye's, The Books We Haven't Touched in Years, and found it so good that I spent, all up, about 2 hours writing my thoughts about it.



For the Statbadgers:


Total time: 2:44 (435:57) hrs


poem writing = 1:30 (201:55) hrs

close reading =1:04(84:40) hrs

technique/theory 0:00 (102:17) hrs

reflection = 0:20(37:24) hrs



Poetry written:

0(41) poems completed


0(19)poems in draft


Poems Submitted:


0(25 in total) poems



Poems Published:


0(9) poem



Live Performances:
0(2)


Interviews:

0(1)


Rejections:

0(12) poems

Comments

Most Popular Posts