Year of Poetry Update - Month 12

This last week nearly killed me (shakes fist at 2016).  But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Spring turned on its charm for my writing day, unfortunately most of that day saw me lending moral support to my other half as she volunteered at a local gallery.

I nursed a headache and put up with visitors who seem to have no understanding that writing and reading are activities which should not be interrupted (Barbarians!).

Somehow I managed to get in 3 hours work.

Only a month to go in the year of poetry and thankfully I will have some time to sit down and do some serious reflecting.



The Writing...

was short and painful.  I reworked a poem for most of that time, experimenting with structure mostly.

The Study...
was more of a refresher. I read the Frances Mayes' Chapters on Metrical and Free Verse in  The Discovery of Poetry - A field Guide to Reading and Writing Poems

Close Reading...

I began Naomi Shihab Nye's, The Books We Haven't Touched in Years.



For the Statbadgers:


Total time: 3:12 (433:13) hrs


poem writing = 1:00 (200:25) hrs

close reading =0:27(83:36) hrs

technique/theory 1:20 (102:17) hrs

reflection = 0:25(37:04) hrs



Poetry written:

0(41) poems completed


0(19)poems in draft


Poems Submitted:


0(25 in total) poems



Poems Published:


0(9) poem



Live Performances:
0(2)


Interviews:

0(1)


Rejections:

0(12) poems

Comments

Most Popular Posts