Olena Kalytiak Davis: "I Was Minor"

Preorder at Booktopia 
I was listening to the Poetry Says Podcast yesterday morning. One of those short casts that Alice does
about about how to approach poetry, or about particular poets she finds interesting - just Alice and her thoughts.

You should go and listen.

She mentioned the Alaskan poet, Olena Kalytiak Davis, and has happened previously in listening to this podcast my interest was piqued.

I have requested that SA libraries get the ebook of Olena's latest collection as a result, but I fear that I may just have to buy it myself (seriously these free podcasts are getting expensive).

So below is the poem I believe Alice mentioned in her podcast.  You can read it below or click the speaker icon at the top and launch a Soundcloud recording of the same poem.


 

Comments

Most Popular Posts