Year of Poetry Update - Week 31

New Arrival 
Not much poetry work done this week as I started my first full week of teaching. Prep time and exhaustion kept me down to just shy of 3.5 hours.

The Writing  

was limited to last Sunday and Tuesday night and while I did feel a bit disjointed/ distanced from the work, things had started to click by the second day. 

I am till working on my carving poem.  All things considered I am happy with it.


The Study

I completed noting the chapter On Secrets in  Mary Ruefle's, Madness Rack and Honey.


Close Reading


Following on from David Brooks Broad Bean Meditation, I began a reading of the poem it converses with, Les Murray's Broad Bean Sermon, which I think wins the award for the longest sentence in a poem I have ever read.



For the Statbadgers:


Total time: 3:26 (359:46) hrs


poem writing = 1.53 (161:32) hrs

close reading = 1:00(74:02) hrs

technique/theory 0:19(82:08) hrs

reflection = 0:14 (27:36) hrs



Poetry written:

0(31) poems completed


(1)16 poems in draft


1 poem abandoned


1 poem facing execution at dawn



Poems Submitted:


0(16 in total) poems



Poems Published:


0(8) poem



Live Performances:
0(2)



Rejections:



0(8) poems

Comments

Most Popular Posts