Year of Poetry Update - 3 Month Mark

Hmm as you can see not much going on re blogging this week.  I had three consecutive days working which pretty much wiped me for doing any hardcore writing.

Still I managed to pull my first solo live performance together in a couple of hours, and perform to an intimate cafe crowd and passers by.  That this fell at the end of the three month mark wasn't planned but I certainly feel like it capped off the first quarter of the year nicely.

I did 2 sets totaling about 20 poems and the musician who invited me to perform said he really enjoyed my work.  I got invited back to do another performance when there will be a bigger crowd.

I got another poem to beta reading stage this week in addition to the performance.  The other stats are pretty horrendous though.  Still I ain't complaining.  I start week 13 with an appearance in Gawler at the Poetry in the Pub event so I can't honestly say that I am slacking.

This week's study was comprised of Some Notes on Organic Form by Denise Levertov and Jane Hirshfield's essays Poetry and the Mind of Indirection and Two Secrets in Nine Gates: Entering the Mind of Poetry.

My close reading was To Judgement: An Assay by Jane Hirshfield.


For the Statbadgers:

Total time: 10:52 (196:00) hrs

poem writing = 7.00 (79:43) hrs
close reading = 1:00(43:14) hrs
technique/theory 2:12 (47:02) hrs
reflection = 0:40 (16:28) hrs


Poetry written:


1 (17) poems completed
1 poem abandoned



Poems Submitted:


1 (12 in total) poems




Poems Published:


0(1) poem


Live Performances:

1


Rejections:


0 (2) poem

Comments

Most Popular Posts